Please follow these few simple steps to setup ZENECTED on your Android device:
First go to your Android Settings and select “More settings”
Amongst “Wireless and networks” settings you should select “VPN”
On the VPN screen, select “Add VPN network…“
Create a new VPN connection by filling out the necessary fields:
- in Step 4 enter a description for this VPN connection. Then name can be anything you want.
- in Step 5 from the list of available VPN types, select “L2TP/IPSec PSK“. PSK stands for pre-shared key.
- in Step 6 enter your Zenected instance IP address or hostname. If you don’t know these, please contact your Zenected administrator.
- in Step 7 enter Zenected shared secret. This again should be provided by your Zenected administrator.
- After you filled out all of the above settings, remember to select Save [Step 8]
Once you clicked Save on the previous screen, you should see this screen with overview of your new VPN connection. Click the name of the VPN connection you just created.
You will be asked now for your Zenected username and password [Step 10]. These should be given to you by your Zenected administrator.
If you don’t want to have to enter these again, select “Save account information” [Step 11, optional]
Now Connect [Step 12] to Zenected…
Once you successfully connect, you should see the status “Connected” and a new VPN icon on top of you screen. Congratulations! How easy was that! 🙂